Oriental Coleslaw


I�ve made this for many a pot-luck or Chinese guests, and guess what?!!  Almost everyone that dares to eat raw vegetables actually likes it!  Another plus is that it doesn�t require any special ingredients.
 
1 large head round cabbage
Small bunch green onion
2 pkg. instant noodles (reserve one seasoning packet if desired)
� cup slivered almonds
2 T. sesame seeds
2 T. sunflower seeds
� cup butter

Dressing:
� cup olive oil
1/3 cup sugar
� cup white vinegar
1 T. soy sauce

Slice cabbage and green onions finely. 

Break up dry noodles.  In a non-stick skillet, melt butter.  Brown crushed noodles, almonds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds in the butter.  After browning, add the seasoning packet from the noodles if desired.  Remove to a plate to cool. 

Shake dressing ingredients together in a bottle. 

Just before serving, toss all together.

Variations:
Use whatever veggies you like in coleslaw; shredded carrot, purple cabbage, cucumber, etc.
Regular corn or canola oil is fine, too.
Can substitute peanuts for the almonds.
I usually add a splash of soy sauce to the noodles at the end of frying.
In China I usually use the chicken flavored noodles so it�s not spicy.  I don�t add very much of the seasoning packet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Ways To Defrost Meat Quickly

Aam Panna

Yogurt And Berry Terrine with Strawberry coulis